Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Your Little Oasis

"Shh quiet please and lets get started
I call to order this meeting of the broken hearted
I look around at all these new frightened faces
Well to those
Welcome, to your own little oasis
A land of broken dreams and lovers lost
Enjoy the cake and coffe at no extra cost
Be at ease. We've all been where you just went
As have I, not just a member but the club president
Together well mourn the death of old romance
And in twelve easy steps
I guarantee you a second chance
So please relax and get up from your seat
Tell us your name and how long its been
Since your hearts last beat
Ill start
My name is despair and well, I'm all alone
Its been three years now
Since my hearts beat on its own
And truth be told
It might not ever again
At least
Not the way it did back then"

Freddy Savarese

No comments: