Thursday, October 4, 2007

The ticking clock

"I set my watch to the beat of my heart
The thousandth beat was at noon the day before
And by noon tomorrow
It will have beat a thousand more
A beat and a tick
A beat and a tock
My hearts last kick
Threw off the clock
Now they beat apart
My clock and heart"

Freddy Savarese

Just to be clear, this poem and the one i posted befor it is not obviously wirtten by me, nor is it a famous or published poet. These poems are written by my friend Freddy and once in a while he will get an urge to write a poem and when he feels like sharing them he will usually email them to me and a few other friends. So I figured it would be interesting to post them on my blog and see if they interest others. Some of them I don;t always understand, but others might and they might connect to it.

No comments: