Tuesday, November 27, 2007

July of 2007

I want to tell this story about my borther. It isn't a funny story, it is actually very upsetting, but I believe that it is something kids should read about to understand the effects of driving.

In july somewhere between July 23rd and July26th, my brother Tommy was in a very serious car accident. My brother and a few of his friends on the night went to applebees on Veterans Road East, where the new Home Depot is. After they had left applebee's on there way home they had recieved a phon call from one of their friends that work in applebees. He was asking them to go back and pick him up from work, because he had no ride home. So they decided they would.

There was two cars. In the first car was my brother and his grilfriend in the back seat. In the front seat was two of my brother closests friends. In the other car there was another three boys who my brother angs out with on a day-to-day basis. On the way back the boys were speeding and the boy who was driving the car my brother was in had lost control of the car.

It was wet out that night and the roads were slippery so the car bein spinning out of control and hit the other car. The other car spun all the way down the block and into a fence. The other car the car my brother was in spun around into the woods and wrapped around two garders that were blocking a fire hydrant. The car split in half and the front of the car where my brothers two friends were sitting went one way and the back part where my brother and his girlfriend were sitting went the other. My brother and his girlfriend were both ejected from the car. He landed right in front of the car but his girlfriend landed directly thirty-feet behind him into the woods.

On her way in she hit a tree and she broke her pelvis, both her legs, and all of her ribs. She also had brain damage. When the paramedics got there they prononced her dead on site, but they were albe to revive her a little to get her to the hospital. However, she passed away a few hours later. She was only seven teen. When I arrived at the site my brother was lying on the floor unconcious and bleeding from his head. He was admitted into the hospital with ten cracked ribs, a bruised left lung, and a fractured spinal chord. For three days all he asked about was where his girlfrined was and why he couldn't talk to her. We could not tell because, we were scared that he would go into shock and his lungs would collapse.

There is alot more to this story but, I really wanted to focus on this part and get my point across. Driving is not a game, speeding will only end badly. Trying to get there four seconds before can cost you someones life. The day after she passed away, there was a cermony being held for at the scene of the accident. When it was all over kids were speeding away from the scene of the accident. That just show that kids will never learn unless there are truly effected by it.

No comments: