Thursday, September 6, 2007

WHY I WRITE

I write for many reasons. I write to communicate and keep in touch. I write
to keep myself busy. I write to prove myself. I write to express my feelings, when I
have no other way to do it. I write to let someone know my thoughts, when I cannot
tell them face to face. I write when I have no one else to turn to. I write to gather
my thoughts. I write when I cannot talk. I write hoping someone feels the same way.
I write when other people cannot hear me. I write to tell stories. I write to create
and imagine. I write to share my knowledge. I write because, I can. I write to make
me feel better. I write because it’s a way of life. I write hoping that one day what I
write will help someone else, and maybe change their way of life. I write for
romance and love. I write to get things off my mind. I write to bring people closer
together. I write so the next generation knows what happened in the past.
I write for many reasons, but I think the main reason I write is to remember.
I write to remember memories I would never want to forget. I write to remember
facts and studies. I write to remember personal information about friends and
family. I write to remember things I have to do. I write to remember music and
stories. I write to remember great people in my life. I write as a backup to my
memory.

No comments: